Cycling is a great way to work up an appetite for some great local food, and on the Black Isle you can do both! We’ve recently put together a website with all the local food which can be found in ‘Our Local Larder‘.
There are also three Community Markets on the Black Isle so if your trip includes a Saturday there’s a good chance there will be one.
Here are some links to other food and drink related places you might like to go to.
- Cromarty Brewing Company shop and tours: “Beer you can Believe In” – spend time with a Happy Chappy!
- Black Isle Brewery shop and tours: “Save the Planet, Drink Organic” with the fab Jocktoberfest offering Beer, Bands and Bratwurst
- Glen Ord Distillery, award-winning whisky with a Visitor Centre and Whisky Shop
- Black Isle Berries Farm and Bunkhouse: wonderful local produce – great if you’re self-catering – and a four-star bunkhouse
- New IV10 Restaurant, Fortrose: opening soon
- Enjoy a lunchtime rest at the Fortrose Cafe in the village High Street
- Sutor Creek (wood-fired pizza oven) and Coupar’s Creek (ice cream from a local dairy), Cromarty: very special places
- The Allangrange Arms, Munlochy: freshly cooked gourmet pub food. Live music too sometimes
- The Anderson, Fortrose: great food, a huge range of whiskies and regular music sessions too
- Check out the great views and food at the North Kessock Hotel
- Enjoy a meal by the harbour at the Royal Hotel, Cromarty
- The Cromarty Arms offers bar meals and B&B in the heart of the village
- The Ord Arms Hotel in Muir of Ord was originally a coaching inn
- The four-star Kinkell House Hotel has spectacular views to the hills behind the Cromarty Firth
- Even if you’re not a golfer, enjoy a lovely meal at Fortrose and Rosemarkie Golf Club or Muir of Ord Golf Club
- Fearniewell Croft is an organic smallholding near Killen: cut your holiday food miles and order from them.
And of course there’s a great range of carry-outs. Find fish and chips in Muir of Ord, Avoch, Fortrose, Conon Bridge, Beauly and Dingwall. Or catch a curry in Muir of Ord, Avoch, Beauly or Dingwall. Looking for Chinese food? Go to Beauly, Conon Bridge or Dingwall. Pizza? Cromarty or Dingwall.
Photo courtesy of Eilean Dubh Restaurant, Fortrose.